Sunday, June 23, 2013

Not class related, specifically. An aside.

Last night, I was having some difficulty being comfortable what with the way my calf no longer feels connected to the rest of what is inside my leg. As a result, I was up later than normal.
I binge watched the hell out of Sherlock. After that, after the end of season 2, I was in a bad mood.
Anyone who has watched all of Sherlock knows why I was in a bad mood.

So I went to bed in less than wonderful spirits.

My wife was at her mother's house. I was home alone with the dogs and my cat. As I laid my sleepy head down, a thought occurred to me. What if something happened during the night? What if, for some reason, I had to run or move quickly? What if there was a fire in the building? I would have a really hard time getting my animals out, or myself out, if there was a catastrophe of some kind or the other.
I won't even get in to how hard of a time I would have had given a zombie apocalypse. Man. That would have sucked last night.
If the zombie apocalypse happened last night I would be SO pissed off! Imagine the timing! You had to wait until I was incapacitated you damned zombie apocalypse!?

Seriously though, I was lying in bed, and, while this won't make me out to be the most macho man on the planet, I was a little scared. It made me feel, for the first time, what it might feel like to be old and ACTUALLY incapacitated and alone.

But it only lasted for a second and then I went to sleep. I was being stupid and allowing my brain to go off in directions it shouldn't and doesn't need to go. But I do that.

At 2 am, the son of a bitching building fire alarm went off. As incongruous as this is going to sound, LUCKILY I live in a building with a fairly unreliable fire alarm system. It goes off whenever it feels like, just enough to have created a Boy Who Cried Wolf feeling in the building. Which is awesome. Eventually we will all burn to death and our last thoughts will be, "Oh wait. There was an actual FIRE... cough, cough, sputter, (dead)."

So I hobbled my hobbled ass down to the end of the hallway and watched as newer members of the building population stood around the outside of the building, while old hands stayed in bed.

57 fire trucks showed up so one guy could go inside and turn off the alarm and then they all left and I went back to bed. I think the firemen actually do this to us. I think they have set up the alarm so it goes off once in a while so they can charge us the ridiculous amount of money it costs every time they all have to come out here for nothing.

I think they do this to keep them in pizza money. I am almost positive.

My leg feels moderately better but I still can't walk with anything that looks like ambulatory capability.

Now put the next season of GODDAMNED SHERLOCK ON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment