Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Deadlifts?

You might remember how I mentioned I am not good at deadlifts and don't use the proper technique.  Well, it's worse than me being not good at them.  Apparently I am horrible at them and did them all totally wrongly and have managed to debilitate myself.
Oh, not 100%.  There are still lots of things I can do.  It's the short list of things I cannot do which are bothersome.  And really, you could extrapolate this short list into a much longer list, I'm just not attempting any of the things that might appear on that longer list.

Here are some things I cannot do right now, not without...  I think significant pain says it clearly enough.
I cannot feed my dogs because picking up or putting down the bowls is hurty.
I cannot, easily, comfortably, put on either my underwear or pants.  I am grateful that I don't usually wear socks.  Shoes are no carnaval, either.
Getting up or sitting down.  Both of those are bad.  The transition is bad.  Once I am in either of the up or down positions they are not bad, but getting to them is.
Getting out of the car or into the car.  That's a good one.  That takes a minute.  I have to psych myself up to pull my leg in or lift it out.

I have funked the hell out of something in my lower back.  So, instead of increasing my exercise I have decreased my exercise to NO EXERCISE.

This CrossFit thing is just doing wonders for me so far.  I can't wait to start telling everyone how great it is.  Unless they are upstairs from where I am.  Then I will tell them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment